Pregnancy is blissful for females who are willing to become moms. And as a female, you try your best to conceive a baby. As you are different from other women, you may have conception delays or you may not conceive without medical intervention.
As per the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, a 30-year-old healthy female has a only 20% chance to get pregnant. If it occurs to you, visit a fertility or IVF clinic in Bangalore to seek medical advice. Before you do that, you should follow the below-mentioned steps to increase your pregnancy chance:
- Know the basics
It sounds like your high school health teacher told you that you can become pregnant whenever you have sex. But in actuality, it’s a little more intricate. Your body experiences a number of hormonal changes each month that cause an immature egg in the ovary to develop and grow. Each woman’s cycle is unique. Starting with a woman’s menstrual cycle, this process typically takes two weeks.
Ovulation is the process by which an egg leaves the ovary after reaching maturity. The egg then proceeds toward the uterus through the fallopian tube. Only about 24 hours after being released is the egg still alive. The fertilised egg will continue to descend toward the uterus if fertilisation occurs while this period is still in effect. It will then integrate with the uterine lining.
Sexual activity is essential in the days leading up to and during ovulation. In this manner, the sperm cells are in the fallopian tubes when the egg is released. The process of fertilisation is facilitated by this. For up to four or five days, sperm can remain viable in the female reproductive system.
- Choose the right time
Making sure you’re having sex at the right time of your cycle is the best way to raise your chances of becoming pregnant quickly. You will ovulate about two weeks prior to your period if you have regular cycles. This means that the seven days leading up to your anticipated ovulation will be your fertile window.
It can be slightly more challenging to forecast when you will ovulate and when your fertile window will be if you have irregular cycles. You can employ a variety of methods to determine your ovulation and fertile window with greater accuracy.
- Ovulation prediction kit – These kits resemble a urine pregnancy test. Starting a few days before you believe you will ovulate, you will urinate every morning on the test strips. LH, which is detected by the test strips. Just before ovulation, it surges. You should have sex that day and for the following few days if you receive a positive test result (check your test instructions for specifics). At your pharmacy, you can purchase these test kits without a prescription. Purchase ovulation forecasting tools.
- Basal body temperature – You might be able to detect, first, a very slight decrease in temperature, then a very slight rise in temperature for three mornings in a row by taking your basal body temperature each morning before getting out of bed. The rise in temperature could only be by a half-degree. This might indicate that you’ve ovulated. The so-called fertile window may not be a reliable indicator of when you should have sex because an egg only survives for about 24 hours after ovulation. Different factors that can raise temperature, like infections, are another reason why this method isn’t always accurate. Some women also have trouble noticing that temperature increases.
- Changes in cervical mucus – Your oestrogen level rises as the ovarian follicle, a tiny sac in the ovary that houses the developing egg, matures. Your cervical mucus becomes thin and slippery as a result of this increase in oestrogen. Cervical mucus production may also have increased. You should start having sex everyday or every other day until ovulation as soon as you start noticing these changes. Your cervical mucus will become thick and sticky once ovulation takes place. Cloudiness may also be present.
- Follicular surveillance – You can discuss your options with your doctor if you’re having trouble monitoring your ovulation using the methods mentioned above. Some medical professionals will keep an eye on you by performing routine ultrasounds of your ovaries and blood hormone tests. You’ll be able to predict your ovulation’s exact timing thanks to this.
- Consider sex positions
About sex, fertility, and ways to increase the likelihood of pregnancy, there are many urban legends. Some of these advise switching positions or elevating the hips for a while after sex. Others contend that a woman’s orgasm (or lack thereof) increases the likelihood of conception. Sadly, there are no studies to back up these assertions.
Suggest to Read:- Why You Should Not Worry About IUI Treatment in Bangalore
Your lubricant is the only thing that you should consider. Certain products can reduce the viability and motility of sperm. In the process of trying to get pregnant, these are crucial. You should stay away from astroglide, K-Y Jelly, saliva, and olive oil. Instead, you can try lubricants like mineral oil, canola oil, and Pre-Seed.
- Maintain good health
You should make every effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle before attempting pregnancy. In fact, the majority of medical professionals will advise you to schedule a visit with your obstetrician before becoming pregnant. During this preconception appointment, you’ll discuss any current health issues and get tested for genetic diseases. Additional health issues that you might have can be addressed.
Before becoming pregnant, your doctor might advise making lifestyle adjustments. These might include:.
- Attaining a healthy weight
- Improving eating and exercise habits
- Eliminating alcohol
- Quitting Smoking
- Reducing caffeine consumption
It might be beneficial to start reducing your consumption of coffee and soda now if you currently consume a lot of them. Caffeine should not be consumed in excess of 200 mg per day, according to current recommendations. An equivalent 12-ounce cup of coffee would be this. As soon as you decide to begin trying to conceive, you should also begin taking a prenatal vitamin daily that contains at least 400 micrograms of folic acid. This lowers the chance of some birth defects.
- Get medical support
Within a year of actively trying for a baby, the majority of healthy couples will become pregnant. You should visit your doctor for a fertility assessment if you are under 35 and are unable to become pregnant within a year.
Do not wait more than six months to see a doctor if you are over 35. If a couple has a history of repeated miscarriages or is aware that they have a genetic or medical condition that could affect their ability to become pregnant, they should also consult a fertility specialist.
Being patient can be difficult when pregnancy doesn’t happen right away. This is commonplace. It doesn’t follow that you’ll never experience it. Be adventurous, maintain your relaxed attitude, and keep making babies fun. You can improve your chances of getting the successful outcome you’ve been looking for by carrying out these actions.