Safety glasses are a critical part of your workplace safety equipment. They can protect you from flying debris, dust, chemicals and other harmful elements that could potentially cause eye damage. But not all safety glasses are alike — there’s a difference between cheap knockoffs and high-quality z87 rated safety glasses that will keep you safe and comfortable all day long!
What are Safety Glasses
Safety glasses are a type of eyewear that protects the eyes from flying debris, dust, and chemicals. They’re used in many industries including construction, manufacturing, and healthcare. Safety glasses come in many shapes and sizes depending on the purpose they serve–from full face shields to frames with side shields or earpieces.
Safety eyewear is also called safety goggles or protective eyewear; however, you refer to them as long as they meet ANSI standards (American National Standards Institute) then they can be considered “Z87 Rated”.
How to Choose Safety Glasses
Choose the right frame style:
- Frames should be comfortable, light and sturdy. They also need to be able to fit your face shape and head size.
- Choose the right lens type:
- Safety glasses come with different lenses that are suited for different tasks. There are two main types of lenses – clear or tinted (also called impact resistant). Clear lenses allow you to see clearly while working in low-light environments or outdoors on sunny days, but they don’t provide much protection from UV rays or glare which can be dangerous if you’re driving a car or operating machinery at high speeds among other things. Tinted/impact resistant lenses provide more eye protection from these hazards while still allowing you an unobstructed view of what’s going on around you so it’s important for anyone who works outside regularly like law enforcement officers, construction workers etc.
Z87 safety glasses are important to have.
Z87 safety glasses are made to withstand impact, protect your eyes from debris and other hazards, and protect them from UV rays. If you’re in a hazardous environment where there’s a chance of things being thrown at you or falling on top of your head (like construction workers), then this type of eye protection is a must-have item for your toolbox or work site kit!
The Z87-rated safety glasses are made to withstand impact, protect your eyes from debris and other hazards, and protect them from UV rays. If you’re in a hazardous environment where there’s a chance of things being thrown at you or falling on top of your head (like construction workers), then this type of eye protection is a must-have item for your toolbox or work site kit!
Look for Impact-Resistant Frames and Materials
When you’re looking for safety glasses, look for impact-resistant frames. These are made from high-quality materials that can absorb the impact of a fall or other hazardous event. In addition to being lightweight and comfortable, they’re also designed to be strong enough to protect your eyes from flying debris or other harmful substances.
The most important thing to look for in safety glasses is that they’re comfortable. If you’re going to be wearing them all day, every day, you want them to feel light and airy on your face.
Choose the Right Lens Type, For You!
There are a variety of lens types available, and it’s important to choose the right one for your needs.
- UV-blocking lenses: These helps protect your eyes from harmful rays and reduce glare by filtering out ultraviolet light. They’re great for outdoor activities like fishing or hunting, where you’ll be exposed to bright sunlight for long periods of time.
- Polarized lenses: These reduce glare caused by reflective surfaces such as water or snow, making them ideal for activities like boating or skiing where you’ll be outside in bright conditions all day long.
- Mirrored lenses: If you’re looking for something different than classic black safety glasses with clear lenses–but don’t want anything too flashy–these could be just what you’re looking for! The mirror finish will catch people’s attention without being too distracting at work or school (and let’s face it–sometimes we need some extra attention).
The Benefits of High-Quality Safety Glasses
In addition to protecting your eyes from debris, safety glasses also protect your eyes from UV rays. UV rays are damaging to the retina and can lead to cataracts and macular degeneration. Safety glasses also help protect you against harmful chemicals that could cause damage or irritation if they come into contact with your eyes.
Safety glasses are designed specifically for different types of work environments, so it’s important that you get the right kind of protection for the job at hand. For example: if you’re working in an industrial setting where metal shavings may be flying around (or even just dirt), then it’s important that your safety glasses have an anti-fog coating on them; this keeps dust particles out of the lenses so they don’t fog up as easily when exposed to moisture from sweat or water droplets in the air around them.
We know that safety is important to you, and we’re here to help. We have a wide selection of quality safety glasses that are Z87-rated so that you can find the perfect pair for your needs. Whether you need prescription lenses or not, we have options for everyone!
You Can Also Read:How Shooting Glasses Can Transform Your Game