How can I lose some weight?
Obese people are at a greater risk for various health complications. Many people want to lose weight for this reason. Losing weight can be achieved through dietary changes and exercise, supplement use, and realistic goals.
People gain weight by consuming more energy than they burn, so consuming less metabolism and hormones.
Some groups are more affected by obesity than others. For example, according to the CDC, 49.6% Non-Hispanic Black Adults are obese, followed by 44.8% Hispanic Adults, 42.2% non-Hispanic White Adults, and 17.4% non-Hispanic Asian adults.
Health risks associated with excess weight include
- A higher risk of Diabetes
- Certain types of cancer
Why Lose Weight?
Losing weight can be done for many reasons:
- Appearance Some may believe that losing weight will make them look more attractive, healthier, or fitter.
- Confidence in your body image: People with obesity or excess weight may feel unconfident about their appearance.
- Overall Health: Maintaining a healthy weight can improve overall health and help prevent diseases like type 2 Diabetes.
- Specific conditions, For example, sleep apnea symptoms and type 2 diabetes, may improve or disappear when an individual loses weight.
- Fitness An exercise-based weight loss program can make a person feel fitter and more energetic.
- Sports competitions A person may try to maintain their weight in certain sports, such as boxing, to remain within their current weight category.
- Fertility Treatment: Fertility treatments appear to be a more effective, trusted Source for women with obesity or polycystic Ovaries Syndrome (PCOS) if they lose weight before treatment.
Many diet plans make weight-loss claims. Unfortunately, you may be unable to tell if the claims are valid.
Others are not evidence-based and are unsafe. Dietitians and nutritionists agree that the best long-term results come from combining physical activity with a healthy weight-loss diet.
Combining a balanced diet with regular physical activity can help people control their weight.
A person who gets enough sleep can also control their weight. According to a 2018 review by a trusted Source, there is scientific proof that poor sleep can lead to increased appetite, cravings, and a decreased motivation to exercise.
After losing weight, there are several ways to control your weight. These are some helpful options:
- Do not restrict calories: Too much restriction can slow down Trusted source metabolism and alter hormones that regulate appetite. This can lead to weight gain.
- Exercise A 2013 study by Trusted Source showed that exercising 200 minutes per week could help maintain weight loss.
- Increase your protein intake: A person can feel more satisfied and less hungry by eating more protein.
- Watch your carb intake: According to some studies (Trusted Source), a low-carbohydrate diet may help you maintain weight loss after losing it.
Weight and Health
Researchers and health professionals believe weight loss and dieting can lead to increased weight and worse health.
In a study by 2021 Trusted Source, 60 women aged 20-30 were found to lose more weight over time when they had goal-oriented psychotherapy and individualized diet plans.
According to this study, obesity is caused by the inability of a person to control their eating habits. Therefore, obesity should be treated like an eating disorder. In addition, psychotherapy that supports weight loss can mitigate the adverse effects of traditional diets.
When is weight loss terrible for you?
Weight loss can cause problems in some cases.
When a person consumes more energy than they expend, weight loss occurs. A negative energy balance is what this is. The body searches out its stores to compensate for the energy deficit, beginning with fat.
A person with less fat will use up more muscle and lean tissues. This can cause further health issues.
- A higher risk of Osteoporosis
- decreased muscle mass
- problemsTrusted Source regulating body temperature
- lowerTrustedSource ability of the Source to resist infection
The loss of mass in the body can be fatal.
If possible, someone experiencing unexplained weight loss should consult a doctor.
There are many things to consider when trying to lose weight. These include age, gender, diet, level of activity, and even health conditions.
Health experts have discovered that people can lose weight by reducing their calorie intake, exercising, eating well and a balanced diet, and sleeping enough.
A person can benefit from bariatric surgeries to help them lose weight in some cases. However, too much weight loss may harm a person’s overall health.
It is best to consult a doctor before changing your diet or exercise regimen.